Hi list,

I was thinking of using a Tidy resource to clean up old reports on
puppet master servers but it doesn't seem to like it:

[r...@puppet-master-01 ~]# puppetd --test --noop
info: Retrieving plugin
info: Caching catalog for puppet-master-01.fasthosts.net.uk
err: /Stage[main]/Fh_puppet::Master/Tidy[/var/lib/puppet/reports/]:
Failed to generate additional resources using 'generate': Fileset
paths must be fully qualified
info: Applying configuration version '1287494784'

The manifest code that triggers this is:

  tidy { "/var/lib/puppet/reports/":
    age     => "2w",
    matches => "*.yaml",
    recurse => true,
    type    => "mtime",
  }

I remember reading a post about Puppet and how it builds in memory
File resources when recursing through directories, so large amounts of
recursion is a bad idea. Would this be the same problem here? Right
now my reports directory is about 140 MB and around 2000 files. I can
easily replace the Tidy with an Exec but if someone in the know thinks
it's a bug I can submit a big report first.

Thanks,

-Luke