On 10/22/2010 5:26 PM, Nigel Kersten wrote:

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Matt Wise <w...@wiredgeek.net
<mailto:w...@wiredgeek.net>> wrote:

    I'd really like to see puppet-dashboard do this dynamically show you
    these graphs by pointing puppet dashboard to a local copy of your
    puppet configs... Thoughts?

I'm not sure dashboard is the right place for this, but I think we all
would like to some visualisation tools that run against the local
catalog with a bit more detail than the current graph output.

Well, the dashboard _is_ a main entry point into the operational part of puppet use. It'd be great to have access (for each run/report) to the generated catalog and the contained dependency graph. Having the separate catalog storage service/bus would make integration a breeze, without having to add "private" access rights.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg