On 10/27/2010 04:39 PM, Roberto Bouza wrote:
Hello,

I have a group of variables like

$a_logs_project1 = machine1
$b_logs_project2 = machine2

then on the definition I'm genrating a variable like:

$machine_name = "${letter}_logs_${project}"

So $machine name will be something like: a_logs_project1

Now I need to convert that (or interpolate it somehow) into the real
value "machine1"

So I have a variable $machine_name which has the name of the variable
which has the real value. Do you have any ideas how to obtain this
value?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

This works, but... yea:

$machine_name = "machine1"
$machine1 = "thordur"
$value = inline_template("<%= scope.lookupvar(machine_name) -%>")
notice("machine 1 is $value")

Joe McDonagh
Operations Engineer
AIM: YoosingYoonickz
IRC: joe-mac on freenode
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."