Fwiw, at @rpm5.org probably there is Some interest in This. Regards
-----Original Message-----
From: donavan
Sent:  06/11/2010, 04:03
To: Puppet Users
Subject: [Puppet Users] Re: Patch Management

On Nov 2, 7:26 am, Joel Merrick <joel.merr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Puppeteers!
>
> I've just been speaking to Ohad on #theforeman about package
> management, specifically about generating lists of packages : version
> numbers across the estate for things like patch management.

Hi Joel,

It's not really an answer but there was related talk at puppetcamp.
One of the ideas from puppetlabs was integration between package
management databases and puppets resource modeling. I don't think
there were any detailed plans, but I imagine it would make your query
requirements pretty easy.