From: puppet-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:puppet-us...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Matt Wallace
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:56 AM
To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Puppet Users] Process to upgrade from 0.24.8 to 2.6.x ?

On Wednesday 10 Nov 2010 10:30:02 nemo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm really kind of newbie in the Puppet's world but this tool is quite
> impressive. So I wish to thank the authors first and all people
> participating to this amazing project.
>
> Now get straight to business :) I'm responsible of a platform
> containing almost 100 servers all managed by Puppet in version 0.24.8
> (clients and server). I know this is an outdated version and I'm in
> the process of upgrading to the latest version.
>
> Hence what should be the best approach to upgrade ? For information,
> servers run centos 5.5 64bit

If you've got Epel installed, pull puppet from there instead of rpmforge -
it's 0.25.$something and we're running it without issue here.

The only caveat as far as I am aware is to upgrade the server first, then
the
clients, but I'm sure I'll be corrected on that if I'm wrong! :)

We're not looking to upgrade to 0.26 any time soon because we don't need any

of the fancy features (yet!).

Cheers,

M.