> Make sure that you get output from the puppetmaster for some things.  It's
> easy to look at the wrong log if you are using passenger.
>
> I've seen a similar error problem when the puppetmaster is overloaded so the
> client times out.  For me, this is when It gets all 50 clients ask for a
> catalog at the same time (don't ask).  Could this be the problem?

Hi Patrick,

I'm running PM in --no-daemonize so I see all output.  I'm not using
passenger and the server is only being hit by manual invocations by
nodes so it is not being overtaxed.

It seems completely random in that it will work one out of 20 tries.
I don't have any other nodes having an issue.

John