----- "Eric Snow" <es...@verio.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  I'm afraid I don't see the relationship
> between resolving the qualified variable and moving classes into
> their
> own manifests.  Even if class_a were in its own manifest I would have
> the same problem.
>
> I appreciate your help.  I expect that I have misunderstood.  Thanks.

you would not,

class module::class_a {
}

and in another file

class module::class_a::class_b {
}

that's what you would have and that would create the module layout you'd expect
its just harder to make the mistake you made which is:

class a {
  class b {

this creates classes a and a::b now look at your naming.

Nesting them also messes around the autloader.

> -eric
>
> On Nov 11, 4:40 pm, "R.I.Pienaar" <r...@devco.net> wrote:
> > ----- "Eric Snow" <es...@verio.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I know that you can qualify variable names from inside a class.
>  How
> > > about qualifying a variable inside a nested class:
> >
> > > class module::class_a {
> > >     class module::class_a::class_b {
> > >         $variable = "test"
> > >     }
> > > }
> > > notice $module::class_a::class_b::variable
> >
> > you've created $module::module::class.....
> >
> > you really should just put classes each in their own files it makes
> > it all more obvious.
> >
> > same applies to defines

R.I.Pienaar