Hi,

Such a mechanizim is already available via foreman[1], where it handles the
autosign file for you, upon a provisioning request, it would enable the
machine (assuming its allowed to be built) and disable it once puppet has
run on the client.

If you don't want to use the full blown foreman just for this small job,
I've also written a rest api for puppet actions that can be used exactly for
that.

Ohad

[1] - http://theforeman.org