Hi Folks

I'm a relative newbie to puppet (been playing about a month)...

I am trying to push out a directory containing a bunch of files to a number of
machines and thought I could do this using the recurse attribute:

   file {
        "/home/snort/Rules/raw":
            mode    => "750",
            owner   => snort,
            group   => snort,
            source => '/home/sensors/Rules/raw',
           recurse => true,
           ensure => present;
   }

Yeah -- pushing snort rule tarballs to sensors...

however this results in:

err: /Stage[main]/Snort/File[/home/snort/Rules/raw]: Failed to generate
additional resources using 'eval_generate': undefined method `relative_path'
for nil:NilClass
err: /Stage[main]/Snort/File[/home/snort/Rules/raw]: Failed to retrieve current
state of resource: Could not retrieve information from source(s)
/home/sensors/Rules/raw at /etc/puppet/modules/snort/manifests/init.pp:32

So am I going about this the wrong way or have I got some detail wrong.

(note to developers:  please 'rescue' this error and provide something
meaningful to the user ;)

Russell