On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Patrick wrote:
> > So, it seems that the puppetd client is doing something different from
> > the "openssl s_client" command used for testing.  What certificate is
> > the puppetd client attempting to present, and how can I change that?
>
> Run this on the client for the config puppet is using:
> puppetd --genconfig

I use that all the time.  The file names that I passed to "openssl
s_client" are identical to those reported by "puppetd --genconfig".

Whether or not the clientcrl file (ca_crl.pem) exists seems to have
something to do with the problem but I haven't figured out the details.
If I delete that file, then the puppetd client can connect, and it
downloads a fresh copy of the CRL, after which it can no longer connect.
I have configured certificate_revocation=false on the server, but it
nevertheless sends the CRL file to the client.

--apb (Alan Barrett)