Héctor Rivas Gándara <key...@gmail.com> writes:

> I have been searching in the puppet documentation for the these
> functionalities (see below for examples):
>
>  - Access to resource attributes or parameters to use in the recipes.
> I say attributtes because may the types and providers can be extended
> to get read-only resource attributes that can not be configured.
>
>  - Generate collections based on complex queries, using regular
> expresions, boolean operations, set operations (include, excludes...),
> etc...
>
> I am not sure if they are implemented or if they are difficult to
> implement. Do you think that it worth it? Could you give me a clue to
> investigate further?

They are not implemented, and while they are potentially interesting I don't
know how smoothly they fit with the concepts of puppet.  (That said, I would
like to see similar sorts of operations possible in future myself. :)

Regards,
        Daniel
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707