I just tried using the REST API to pull the file metadata and noticed
that the environment is not part of the API for files:

  http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/rest_api.html

Does that mean that it will not respect my environments for the
following:

file { 'test':
    source => 'puppet:///modules/somemodule/test'
}

If not then which "environment" from the puppet.conf does it use?
[main]?

Thanks.

-eric