Hi,

I want to create a single configuration file with one or two
differences, many times. Therefore, i'd like to do the following in
pseudo-code:

files = [(a,b), (c,d), (e,f)...]
foreach a,b in files:
  create_file(a,b)

Which can then use what I think is a valid definition:
define create_file($port, $fullserver) {
    file { "test.erb":
        content => template('test.erb'),

Sadly, it seems that I can not work out either
a) How to do the "foreach" in the module manifest, to call the defined
function many times with different paramaters
b) Where to put the create_file function for puppet to actually
recognise it. I have tried <moduledir>/plugins/puppet/parser/functions/
test.rb and <moduledir>/lib/puppet/parser/functions/test.rb, but get
error "Could not retrieve catalog: Unknown function create_file" on
the client.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex