On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 22:41, Geoff <geoffnew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone had any experience getting puppet to update multiple OS's on a
> single server?

Not without a "container" style virtualization solution wrapped around it.

[...]

> Can puppet be run in a mode that would take into account relative
> directories. i.e. instead of being / (root) based, it would be /pxe/
> hostn/ based?

Nope.

I didn't respond earlier, as I imagine most people didn't, because we
hoped someone would actually come along and have some experience that
could help you out here.  Even if they don't, though, posting a new
message with "bump" in the content doesn't work like a web forum - it
just sends out a new message with that one line in it to everyone
subscribed.  I had to dig back through the archives to see what you
were having trouble with so I could respond.

Regards,
    Daniel
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707