On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 18:23, Eric Sorenson <eric.soren...@me.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2010, at 11:04 PM, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
>> I think you will then run into the issue that $name can't be expanded
>> at that point, though, which would require writing an extra define to
>> make it available. :(
>
> I really thought that would work too and mocked it up but apparently it ain't
> so. I tried '$name' '$namevar' '$title' to no avail.
>
> https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/5259 seemed germane so I updated it
> with this discussion.

Sad but true - and thanks for updating the bug report.  It helps
communicate what is hurting folks.

You can "fix" this like so:

define foo () {
  package { $name: source => "http:/.../$name" }
}

class bar {
  foo { ["one", "two"]: }
}

Not as nice, but at least you can do the array expansion stuff - and
where you needs lots of similar parameters it makes some sense to do
it that way.

Regards,
    Daniel
--