Hi All,
I would like to use puppet to install a tool which requires java on a
linux machine. I could do that quite easily by depending on a specific
java package (say OpenJDK), then I would simply do:

    package { "java-1.6.0-openjdk":
        ensure => installed
    }

    ... {
        require => Package["java-1.6.0-openjdk"]
    }

But as the tool is pretty basic and can be run with just about any
java 1.5 implementation around, I would prefer not to install the
OpenJDK if there is already any other java 1.5 (even gcj) installed on
the target machine.

What would be the best approach to achieve that with puppet?

I should add that I'm quite new to puppet, so please bear with me if
the solution is obvious ...

Thanks,
Michal