On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Douglas Garstang
<doug.garst...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Right... I do have listen=true on the clients because I want to be able to
> trigger puppet to run on a number of hosts centrally with puppetrun. If I
> set listen != true, I can't do this. Also... if puppet is running from cron,
> you can't do that either. Replacing webrick with passenger isn't really
> feasible since passenger isn't available as a nice simple RPM for CentOS
> 5.5, and I don't know what magic the gems do under the covers in order to
> build my own passenger RPM. I would also then need to have apache running on
> every single client.

btw: thats not accurate, you can use the puppetlisten/puppetrun from the ext
[1] directory, which stand as its on service, but doesnt use webrick (and
use as many system resources as puppet).

Ohad

[1] - https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/tree/master/ext/puppetlisten