Hi all,

I have a site.pp which defines the user I want to log in as, however on some nodes (depending on which software is installed) this user needs to be a member of particular groups.

If I define the user in site.pp with core details and then in each class alter the group membership (the idea being including all the necessary classes will install the software, configure it, and make me a member of all the necessary groups) I get this error:

Error 400 on SERVER: Duplicate definition: User[adam] is already defined in file ...; cannot redefine at ...

Is there any way I can make the node definition "inherit" the site one? All I want to do is add another entry into the array passed as the 'groups' parameter.

Many thanks,
Adam.