Both these classes need to copy configuration files into the same directory,
but I can only get lighttpd's files copied in, Mailman's seem to be ignored.

What am I doing wrong?

It looks to me that you're going to end up with:

source  =>  ["puppet:///files/lighttpd/$hostname/",
                   "puppet:///files/mailman/lighttpd/",]

and the first one that exists will be used. I'm not sure you want to
use plusignment in this case, don't you want to replace the original
source with the new one?

No, I want the 'source' line to be as you suggest - the contents of *both* paths should be copied into the same folder, as it's a "conf.d" style directory. For example, the first path contains 10-main.conf and the second path contains 20-mailman.conf. Both these should be copied into the destination path so that when lighttpd runs, it sees all these files in the same folder and uses them all to read its configuration.

Cheers,
Adam.