> > What do you mean by "the last"? Everything is installed as intended
> > after the third run. Sometimes, even after the second run.
>
> That's what he means.  Why this inconsistency?
>
> > So I'm not
> > really sure what causes this inconsistency, but it has something to do
> > with yum dependency resolution and the dependencies as defined in the
> > manifest.
>
> Are you sure that all the machines were in precisely the same state
> with regard to packages before the upgrades?

100% sure, as those runs are based on a snapshot on the same virtual
machine. I reset to the snapshot after testing this, so the baseline
is the same. You're right anyway, because I think that inconsistency
is due to me updating the manifests and not restarting the puppet
master. I can't reproduce the need for a third run now.

The initial problem still stands: why do I need a second run? What
changes in between for the client? Or should I blame it on this
version of yum? ;)

Here's the log output: http://pastie.org/1452205