I 'm configuring puppet in an ubuntu server and a client. When I define the
server's IP as hostname "puppet", things are working well. But When I try to
change the hostname to something different it is not working

root@client ~# puppetd --test --server server.example.local
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: undefined method
`closed?' for nil:NilClass
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

root@client ~# puppetd --test --server=server.example.local
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: undefined method
`closed?' for nil:NilClass
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

root@client ~# puppetd --test --server="server.example.local"
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: undefined method
`closed?' for nil:NilClass
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

Then I tried setting

[puppetd]
server=server.example.local

in puppet.conf

root@client ~# puppetd --test
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: undefined method
`closed?' for nil:NilClass
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

Any idea ??

--
Regards

Basil Kurian