On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Dan Bode <d...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> My inclination is to say that "ontime" or "verbose" have stolen the name
>> for another concept; perhaps "interactive" covers the standard use-case well
>> enough?
>>
>> Daniel

> maybe we could keep --test and add --noop to the list of options in sets.

That would take away the current functionality, which is immensely useful.

You'd be required to spell out all the --onetime --no-daemonize stuff by hand.

Maybe we should just make up a word. :)

I know some people expect --noop to be implied by --test, and I have
some sympathy for that position, but before we can get there, we need
to have a name for the existing functionality that I don't want to do
away with.