I have struggled with this issue for a long time without any resolution.

This showed up in previous versions (0.25) and suggestions were to upgrade
to the latest - currently running 2.6.3 on RHEL5.

The errors I get are:

Jan 31 14:46:07 ls1313p puppet-master[27438]: PGError: server closed the
connection unexpectedly    This probably means the server terminated
abnormally    before or while processing the request. : SELECT * FROM
"hosts" WHERE ("hosts"."name" = E'lv2119p.encana.com')  LIMIT 1

Jan 31 14:46:08 ls1313p puppet-master[27390]: PGError: server closed the
connection unexpectedly      This probably means the server terminated
abnormally    before or while processing the request. : SELECT * FROM
"hosts" WHERE ("hosts"."name" = E'ss1701p.encana.calgary')  LIMIT 1

My setup is Puppet + Mongrel. If I switch out and use MySQL I get the same
error. The database is there since I can connect via pgsql.

The list of gems installed are:

[root@ls1313p puppet]# gem list --local

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.2.2)
actionpack (2.2.2)
activerecord (2.3.5, 2.2.2)
activeresource (2.2.2)
activesupport (2.3.5, 2.2.2)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.3)
daemon_controller (0.2.5)
daemons (1.1.0, 1.0.10)
eventmachine (0.12.10)
fastthread (1.0.7)
file-tail (1.0.5)
gem_plugin (0.2.2)
hoe (2.6.2)
json_pure (1.4.6)
mongrel (1.0.1)
passenger (3.0.0, 2.2.5)
postgres (0.7.9.2008.01.28)
rack (1.2.1, 1.0.1)
rails (2.2.2)
rake (0.8.7)
rubyforge (2.0.4)
rubygems-update (1.3.7)
spruz (0.2.2)

Any help would be appreciated. Really want to get StoredConfigs working so I
can leverage off of them.

Thanks