Hi all,

As part of a new project, we're thinking about moving from CentOS to
Debian.

One of the few concerns I have about doing this is that we currently run
Puppet 0.25.4 on all our systems, yet the available versions for Debian
appear to be 0.24.5 or 2.6.2 (backports).

If I keep my puppetmaster at 0.25.4, will the 2.6.2 clients be able to
talk to it? If not, can I install a puppetmaster running 2.6.2 and have
the 0.25.4 clients talk to that instead?

I'm also wondering what impact the move would have on our puppet
manifests.  Are there any "gotcha's" that I need to be aware of that
could prevent my current manifests working under 2.6.2 or 0.24.5?

Please understand that at the moment, I'm not interested in using the
shiny new features of 2.6.2, I'm just thinking that as a
'future-proofing' exercise, it might be worth move to that now instead
of waiting for the next stable release of Debian.

Thanks in advance,

Matt