Hi,

this puppet.conf (excerpted):
[main]
logdir=/var/log/puppet { owner = ffrank, mode = 755 }

is supposed to change the owner of the logdir but won't:

# puppet master --no-daemonize  --color false --masterport 8145
--pidfile=/var/run/puppet/master.debug.pid
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/puppet/util/settings/file_setting.rb:33:in `owner=':
Internal error: The :owner setting for The Puppet log directory.:
logdir: $vardir/log must be either 'root' or 'service', not 'ffrank'
(Puppet::Util::Settings::FileSetting::SettingError)

Quoting my user name leads to a parse error.

The proposed "service" setting will do me no good - I'd like to specify
a distinct user (or rather, a group, but that's apparently the same
scenario) owning the logdir, not the puppet user. (Same goes for reportdir.)

Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance,
Felix