On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 01:34, luke.bigum <luke.bi...@fasthosts.co.uk> wrote:

> Before I raise a feature request, is there a way to force the name of
> the .repo file a yumrepo is created in?

Nope, sorry.  The code doesn't support that at this time.  Fixing it
wouldn't be terribly hard, and as long as the default behaviour was
identical to today you should be OK, I think.  You would have to
supply appropriate tests, though, to make sure that multiple repos
with the same filename worked as desired.

Personally, we took the approach of explicitly defining the repos we
wanted the puppet way, and using the trick of putting a recursive file
overlay on the repos.d directory, from an empty directory, and
removing anything that wasn't managed by puppet.

That gets you what you expect, and prevents package updates tromping
all over your careful configuration.

Regards,
    Daniel
--