Hi,

I'm using Amazon EC2 and I'm planning to use puppet to deploy automatically
my instances, however, I have an issue I can't rely think through.

As most people advised, I used a DNS server (bind to be precise) so that my
instances can register to it but also ask this DNS Server the IP of the
puppetmaster. However, as this DNS server is also running on Amazon EC2
instance it does not have a "static" IP. So I tried to associate it with an
"elastic IP" - ie a static IP but (for unexplained reasons yet) it's
failing. I've been fighting with this for a little while and I'm starting to
wonder if my all approach is not wrong.

If you do deploy on Amazon EC2, how do you address this situation ?

--
Romain PELISSE,
*"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will