Our current plan for the inventory service is to provide active_record
termini for the "facts" and "inventory" indirections. This is to support
fast look-up of facts, and search of nodes based on their facts. However,
there are already tables for facts, used for storeconfigs, along with an
active_record terminus for facts. We want to avoid unnecessarily duplicating
this behavior, by reusing the existing tables and terminus. This would
result in the same fact data being used by both the inventory service and
storeconfigs.

The only potential concern we can see with this is users wanting different
fact expiration policies for inventory service and storeconfigs. Given the
usage scenarios for storeconfigs that we are aware of, this seems unlikely
(it sounds like storeconfig fact data is mostly being used as a stand-in for
an inventory service). This proposal would have no other effect on
storeconfigs.

Please share any other comments or concerns you may have related to this
proposal, particularly if it would interfere with your current use of
storeconfigs. Thanks.