On Feb 24, 4:53 am, Stefan Baryakov <stefan.barya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would anyone share workaround for the bug in the subject.
> (http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/3910)
> Apologizes if that has been answered, I couldn’t find anything ant
> it’s a real show-stopper for our planning.

That bug arises when client and server disagree about which
environment the client should be in, which can happen (as I understand
it) only when the client specifies a non-default environment to the
server, and the server gets a different environment for the node from
an external node classifier.

It seems to me, then, that the available workarounds are:

1) Do not have clients specify their environments, or

2) Do not have an external node classifier specify the environment (at
least for nodes that should be allowed to specify their own).

What you cannot do is have clients specify their own environments when
an external node classifier on the server specifies different
environments for them.

John