On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:19:31 +1100, Brian Cully <bcu...@gmail.com> wrote:

When running puppetd and it tries to download plugins I get:

err: /File[/var/lib/puppet/lib]: Failed to generate additional
resources using 'eval_generate': hostname not match with the server
certificate

Hi there,

I had a very similar problem.

I'm not sure exactly, as I didn't write it down at the time,
but you could try looking into the following:

* Have you upgraded server but not the clients?
  I had a similar problem when I upgraded my puppetmaster from
  0.24.5 to 2.6.2, but the clients were still 0.24.5.

* Do you have modules with a 'lib/' folder which is a symlink?
  I thought it would be Smart(tm) to have modules with *both*
  'plugins/' and 'lib/facter/' folders, where 'plugins' would be
  a symlink to 'lib/facter/' (or something along the lines),
  so the same module could work for puppet 0.24.x and more recent
  versions too.

  Puppet didn't like 'lib' to be a symlink, at all.

This also seems a lot like your problem, although no solution
is mentioned:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/puppet-users@googlegroups.com/msg15939.html

--
Cosimo