Daniel Hahler:
> http://daniel.hahler.de/puppet-definition-to-add-launchpad-ppa-repository
> gist: https://gist.github.com/844735
>
> This also supports APT keys via "apt::key".

To me, it's cleaner to ship files than to run programs.  I tend to go
with something more like:

        http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/572759/

This supports any sort of apt source, generally (even deb-src), and
optionally drops in a gpg keyring for PPAs.  Since it uses file
resources only, it does not interrupt the flow of predictions in a
"puppetd -t --noop" run.

The behavior of Execs in --noop is the primary reason I cannot abide
them in my modules ☺

--
You are in an open field west of a big white house
with a boarded front door.