On 02-03-11 14:49, Brian Gallew wrote:
> Sadly, signs point to "no".

Too bad. But since I run a patched Puppetmaster anyway, I can do what I
want :-)

Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem.

I am trying to do the same thing as Gabriel Filion in this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users/browse_thread/thread/276e6e694520224d

So, I have a nagios-target class, that defines a virtual resource:

    @@nagios_host { "$hostname":
        use => "generic-host",
        address => $fqdn,
        alias => $hostname,
        ensure => present,
        hostgroups => [],
    }

and I would like to do something along the lines of this: in a different
class (not a subclass of nagios-target), for example in the class that
configures the MTA:

    Nagios_host [$hostname] {
        hostgroups +> "mail-satellite-servers",
    }

which results in this error:

"Only subclasses can override parameters at ..."

which sounds logical, but...

Is there any way to do what I want? I can't really think of anything,
since (variable) scoping will always be in my way, as far as I can see...

Best regards,
Martijn.