Hello.

I'm trying to make a dashboard package for mandriva linux, but I'm
having some issues with the private copy of rack ruby gem shipped with
dashboard.

When installed on the same host as the puppetmaster, running itself with
passenger, it conflicts with the system version of this gem, required by
puppetmaster:

can't activate rack (~> 1.0.1, runtime) for [], already activated
rack-1.1.0 for ["passenger-2.2.9"]

I had to comment the line forcing the rack version in
lib/action_controller.rb to make it work with system wide version.

Shipping private copies is usually considered a bad practice by
packagers, because of the difficulties to ensure updating, here it seems
to be even harmful. So, is there an actual reason to force this version ?
--
BOFH excuse #23:

improperly oriented keyboard