On 9 March 2011 15:07, Felix Frank <felix.fr...@alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>> warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
>>> warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
>>> err: Could not request certificate: Error 400 on SERVER: header too long
>>> Exiting; failed to retrieve certificate and waitforcert is disabled
>
> This last message seems to indicate that you should indeed specify
> --waitforcert 60 when running your client the first time.
>
> HTH,
> Felix

I've tried that. The problem turned out to be due to something else
(and I couldn't reproduce after isolating it)

Something else = trying to run another instance of puppetmaster on the
same machine (and same confdir / moduledir but different rundir). And
for some reason the CSR for my new host ended up being 0 bytes.
Removing that and re-requesting the cert worked.

Sorry for the false alarm ^^

-Naresh V.