Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if work is still being done on this
provider.

At present, one is not able to ensure that a particular version is
installed and this is crucial for a job that I need to do.  Last
activity on this seems to have been in late 2010.

I've looked at the provider source and I have the vaguest notion about
how it works but my Ruby is close to nonexistent so I'm not sure that
I'd be able to do much myself, although all indications are that I'm
going to have to try if I want it to happen.

Before embarking on this, though, I'd like to ask a few questions ...

1. Is there anyone looking into this at the moment?
2. Is it even technically feasible?
3. If I try to do this, would the Yum provider (for example) be a
decent thing to look at as a jumping off point for version recognition/
handling?

Thanks,
Jonathan.