Greetings all,

(puppet 0.25.x)

I'm trying to use puppetd on some SuSE clients. I had to find and put
the zypper provider into the system, as it was absent. I'll show the
contents of this file below.

The issue that I'm running into is this:
err: //syslog/Package[syslogd]: Failed to retrieve current state of
resource: Provider zypper is not functional on this platform
debug: facter value 'sles' for 'operatingsystem' not in required list
'suse,sles,sled,opensuse'

This makes no sense to me at all. sles is quite clearly in that list.

Here's the code from zypper.rb:
https://github.com/mmrobins/puppet/blob/bug%2Fmaster%2F3802-zypper/lib/puppet/provider/package/zypper.rb

Note this:
confine    :operatingsystem => [:suse, :sles, :sled, :opensuse]

I have no idea if this is correct or not, as I know near zero about
ruby.

What's up with this?