Hello,

I would like to use puppet kick with an environment other than
production.  I am using LDAP to store my nodes, and I expected that
when I set the environment attribute to my "dev" environment that
kicks would use that environment, but it appears that they do not.
The steps I took:
* Changed LDAP environment attribute on a test node to "dev"
* Added [dev] section with modulepath to the master's puppet.conf
When I stop the puppet agent daemon on the test node and run "puppet
agent --test --environment dev" I see the correct resolution.  When I
changed the LDAP environment attribute, I saw that /var/lib/puppet/
yaml/node/<test-node>.yaml was updated to show "environment: &id003
dev".  But when I run "puppet kick --host <test-node>" from the
master, the log entries in /var/log/puppet/masterhttp.log show that it
is resolving the catalog for the production environment, not the one
I've specified in LDAP, and the node I kicked doesn't have its
entitlements from the dev environment.  Trying to use the --
environment flag on the kick command line does not seem to have any
effect.  Does puppet not respect the environment setting in LDAP for
kicks, or did I miss a step to configure using environments?  How else
can I trigger a run from the master *and* use an environment other
than production (since it looks like you can't do this through the
master's REST API either)?
I am running puppet version 2.6.4 (but willing to consider upgrading
if this has been remedied in later versions), my puppetmaster is
redhat 5.5 and puppet agent is ubuntu 10.10.

Thanks!