Actually that is the good way to do that on a fresh installation I suppose,
but I wonder, and ask, if there's a way to create the needed schema for the
Inventory service without destroying the current database.

My case is that I've a Puppet Master with storeconfigs activated and a lot
of data already stored.
I've just updated it from 0.25.x (btw, now it's 2.6 times ... slower :-) and
want to activate the inventory service and I face Mohamed's same error.
I'd prefer to avoid to drop everything and wait for convergence.

While writing I just realized that I can just dump a fresh db on a test
puppetmaster and import the relevant inventory tables, but, well, if there's
an official way to do that, or just a rake script or whatever, it would be
better.

Hints?

al