Hey Guys,

I was experimenting with puppet lang ( as in just learning ), found
something like below happening, i couldn't explain it to myself so
thought asking here. I have installed puppet 2.6.7 using rubygems.

here's the manifest:

====
$ cat 7.stage_run_example.pp
stage {"first": before => Stage[main]}
stage {"last": require => Stage[main]}

class {
    "unix": stage => first;
    "apache": stage => main;
    "praddy": stage => last;
}

class unix {
    notify{"unix": message => "this is a unix class"}
}

class apache inherits unix {
    notify{"apache": message => "this is an apache class"}
}

class praddy inherits apache {
    Notify["apache"] { message => "this is overridden" }
    notify {"praddy": message => "this is a praddy class" }
}

class param_notify ($message="default message") {
    notify{"$message":}
}

include unix
/* the invocation below should emit "this is an apache class" message,
but ???? */
include apache

class {param_notify: message => "I am a parameterized class"}
====

And here's the output that I get:

====
$ puppet apply 7.stage_run_example.pp
warning: Could not retrieve fact fqdn
notice: this is a unix class
notice: /Stage[first]/Unix/Notify[unix]/message: defined 'message' as
'this is a unix class'
notice: I am a parameterized class
notice: /Stage[main]/Param_notify/Notify[I am a parameterized class]/
message: defined 'message' as 'I am a parameterized class'
notice: this is overridden
notice: /Stage[main]/Apache/Notify[apache]/message: defined 'message'
as 'this is overridden'
notice: this is a praddy class
notice: /Stage[last]/Praddy/Notify[praddy]/message: defined 'message'
as 'this is a praddy class'
notice: Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds
====

So, when including the "apache" class i should not be getting the the
message which is overridden in the "praddy" class, or am i
interpreting it all wrong?

puppet version:

====
$ puppet -V