I think there's two answers, actually :)

The first is that you're not reading it wrong. Since the implementation
executes the commands from the puppet client, the standard duplicate
resource problem applies. However, as I learned at PuppetCamp, some work has
recently been merged in to work around this problem, but I don't know how to
configure it yet. It's on my list of things to play with soon. Until then,
hopefully Masterzen can tell us more...

Cheers,
Greg