On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Mark Stanislav
<mark.stanis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not using it but the metrics still sound nice to have graphed. However,
> I'd look to implement this into Munin rather than have a secondary set
> Puppet-centric graphs sitting around.
>
> Not to thread-jack, but are other people implementing these metrics in things
> like Munin, Cacti, or otherwise? Anyone embedding rrdgraph report output into
> other solutions?

I think that's the direction people have largely headed in. They're
mining metrics and graphing externally. That's certainly what I used
to do in my previous job.

I'd much prefer it if we could concentrate on Puppet providing awesome
data sets for tools to graph rather than supporting something like the
rrdgraph functionality. Having to install the supporting libraries all
over the place doesn't feel right at all.

However if people are actually using it...

> -Mark
>
> On May 11, 2011, at 10:49 PM, Nigel Kersten wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Nigel Kersten <ni...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
>>> reports = rrdgraph
>>>
>>> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/2.6.8/report.html#rrdgraph
>>>
>>> Is this widely used? We're trying to work out whether this is a
>>> feature that people are still using, or whether other parts of the
>>> reporting infrastructure have come to replace it.
>>
>> Anyone using it at all?
>>
>> --

Nigel Kersten
Product, Puppet Labs