Hello all,

Is there a way of ensuring a package is newer than a certain version?

For instance:
sudo only supported the includedir option from around version 1.7.1,
and I am trying to ensure that the sudo package is newer than that.

However, in Puppet 0.25.5, it doesn't appear that you can do

package { "sudo":
           ensure => ">=1.7.1",
}

Am I right? Is there another way of doing this?

Calum

PS. It would obviously be preferable to test and specify a single
version, but we are applying puppet to a large number of existing
systems, and as such, we can't be sure what's out there, so this is
probably the safest option.