I'm having a problem with variable interpolation that I haven't found a good
solution to.  I want to use a variable as part of the name of a fact, but
the interpolation doesn't work as expected.  I've allowed for passing the
mac address into my define() but if it's not provided I want to look it up
via facter.

            if "$macaddress_${name}" {
                $final_hwaddr = "$macaddress_${name}"
            }

I want Puppet to look up the value of macaddress_eth0 or whatever, but
instead it returns the value of $name.  How can I get the appropriate value?