On 24 May 2011 23:55, CHEBRIAN <ksd....@gmail.com> wrote:

> how to install puppet client thru puppet master .
>
> My requirement is to install puppet client nearly 400 client servers.
>
> its difficult to install puppet client in all the servers by apt-
> get .
>
> As others have said, a for loop ssh if you have root trust to your 400
servers

As an FYI, we have 5.5K servers, and the way we are installing puppet is
doing a server rebuild (with puppet) - so the puppet client is installed at
jumpstart/kickstart time

As you can imaging, it will be time consuming. I think you might just have
to accept the initial hit of work for the puppet goodness that will follow

Regards

John