If you want to enable the repositories on a per-package basis as was
shown in the examples (with the --enablerepo flag), then you'll
definitely want to watch & vote for #4113[1].

If you want to have the repositories always enabled, then you should be
able to do that through the yum configuration.  I'm not all that
familiar with the details though since I've tended not to use the RPM
based systems.

[1] http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/4113

--
Jacob Helwig