On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 00:19:07 -0700, Maxim Ivanov wrote:

> Hi!
> If I change manifest on master and then immediately run "puppet agent
> --no-daemonize --report --pluginsync --onetime" then it still uses old
> version of manifest. When I run it second time it sees changes and
> applies them.
>
> Why is it like that? Is it intended to be so?

There is an adjustable "quiet period" where the master will not pick up
changes to the manifest after having loaded a new manifest.  This is
controlled by the "filetimeout" setting, which defaults to 15 seconds.

If "immediately" doesn't actually mean "immediately", but "after the
file timeout", then you may be running into #5318[1], which should be
fixed in the next version of 2.6, and in 2.7 when it comes out.

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/5318

--
Jacob Helwig