Hi,

Then I'm guessing the only other solution, which also works with 0.25
and any higher version would be :

$local_scope_fqdn = $::fqdn

Then :

<%= local_scope_fqdn %>

In order to use a local scope variable from within templates.

It's really too bad to not be able to use scoped variables from erb
templates directly, as it won't ever be as convenient as before for
facts and global scope variables.

Matthias