On 06/18/2011 10:31 AM, Markus Falb wrote:
On 18.6.2011 05:30, vagn scott wrote:

or you can do what I do and pipe that archive into tar:

         exec { "true $title&&  wget -O - $upstream | tar xzf - --xform
's,wordpress/,,'":
                 cwd         =>  "$top",
                 creates     =>  "$top/license.txt",
                 before      =>  File[ "$top/setup.mysql" ],
         }

the reason for the 'true $title&&' part is
that I want to be able to use this exec multiple times (it is in a
defined class).
So I need to get the $title in there so puppet doesn't think it is
a duplicate definition.
You can separate the title from the actual command

exec { "uniqe title maybe with $title in it":
        command =>  "wget...",

And then I have to make up a title that won't collide
with another title somewhere else. Also, I lose a line
of vertical space on the screen, and I have to go
looking for what the exec is doing, instead of it being
on the first line.   Shortcut operators don't slow me
down at all.  Those are my tradeoffs, and why
I chose this style.  YMMV.

But, since you mentioned it: Is it so arcane a practice that
I should avoid it for the sake of people reading my code?

--
vagn