Geppetto 1.0 is released and ready for download. We want all the feedback we can get, so try it out and let us know what you think!

Full story at: http://cloudsmith.github.com/geppetto/

If you haven’t been following the project, Geppetto is an integrated toolset for working with Puppet modules and manifests. It’s built on the Eclipse platform. If you’re an Eclipse user, you can install it directly into your IDE. If you’re not, it’s also available as ready-to-run zip’s with a much smaller footprint than the full Eclipse.

Although we’re calling it “1.0″ (actually “1.0.0″), Geppetto is is probably more mature than many 1.0 releases, and we have invested quite a bit of time in it over the last six months. (Actually, it didn’t come out of nowhere; it builds on work we’ve done in other domains over the last several years.)

We released the first beta at FOSDEM 2011 in Brussels in early February, and got lots of really useful feedback there and at PuppetCamp Amsterdam in April.

So thanks to everyone who’s offered help and encouragement along the way, with a special shout-out to the people at Puppet Labs.

Regards
- henrik