Hey Im running puppet on Ubuntu

http://napkins.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/using-nopasswd-in-sudoers-on-ubuntu/

> If I run;
>
> sudo puppet agent --server=<myserver> --no-daemonize --verbose --
> onetime
>
> I get a different error;
>
> err: Could not request certificate: Retrieved certificate does not
> match private
> key; please remove certificate from server and regenerate it with the
> current key
>
> I've tried removing the ssl certs from both the puppet master and
> agent and run the command again. I get the same problem. When I remove
> the sudo from the start of the command the puppet agent is happy with
> the cert.
>
> I though about adding my user to the root group as a test. Even when I
> do that if I run apt-get update manually a permission denied. I
> wondered if this has something to do with the root user being disabled
> by default on Ubuntu.
>
> I'm a novice when it comes to these sorts of things. Has anyone got
> this working or have any suggestions of how I might solve this issue?

On the node machine run:

  /usr/bin/find /var/lib/puppet/ssl/ -name '*.pem' -exec rm {} \;

Sign the cert on the master side and you should be good to go,

Another issue iv found is that the clocks of the node and the master need to
be in sync